Sunday, April 2, 2017

Layout and Article Update

I'm still working on my article for the two-page spread. I ended up deciding on an interview and interviewing my friend (and the person who served as my model) Tiffany because I had already said that L'Fém was going to focus on discussing pop culture issues and:
    a. She's actually a singer
    b. She also writes some songs and some of them happen to be, not exclusively from a Feminist     perspective, but she still includes some perspective of equality for women in her songs.

I think I have a good interview, but I have to cut, edit, and arrange it, which is taking longer than expected since I never learned the basis for conducting an interview. It's getting there though. I'm giving myself until Tuesday at the latest to have it done.

However, I do have the finished layout for the two page spread, which is below:




The picture above would go on the left page before the actual interview, as is common in most magazine interview layouts. I decided to keep this photo in color because most Feminist magazines have their pictures in color and, also, because the way the color turned out (and the pictures lighting) adds to the positive image of feminism that my magazine will portray.




The page above is the first page of the interview. The columns that say "add a little bit of body text" will contain questions and answers from the interview. The black box in the center is there for reference. It will be white, but that boxed area will contain a prominent quote from the interview. I'm going to add the editor names (so me) just above where it says "ass a little bit of body text" to indicate that the interview was conducted by myself. I also decided to add a tiny version of the masthead on the left of each page will text to give each page a pop of color, but also as a way to identify the magazine if the interview were ever being read on its own, making L'Fém more widely known.  


The picture from above is the second page of the interview. Once again, the columns that say "add a little bit of body" will contain questions and answers from the interview, although I may not fill up the third column with text all the way. The black box at the top of the page will be a picture of Tiffany, although I still haven't decided on one yet.

I forgot to add page numbers at the bottom of each page, but those will be added on for when I post my final product (hopefully soon!)

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment