Monday, April 3, 2017

The Article

I'm finally done with my article! Initially the process was long and painful because I never had much of a basis for journalism, but once I accepted the fact that all I could do was sit myself down and write an interview, things starting looking up.

Because of scheduling conflicts, I actually had to interview Tiffany through the phone, but I was still able to judge her expressions and reactions because she has a pretty expressive voice and also because I've known her for thirteen years ☺ Either way, judging her reactions served more for context when writing the interview than for actually including it in the interview.

Something I possibly never mentioned before: Tiffany is a singer songwriter, as well as the rest of her family. Since I decided to focus this Spring issue of L'Fém around pop culture, I felt that it was fitting to interview an artist. She recently wrote a song called "Reflection", which is written, though not specifically about Feminism, though a Feminist perspective (her own interpretation of what that means, which is explained in the article). Therefore, I intertwined questions about the song with questions about her views on Feminism.

I'm very proud of how the article turned out! The only thing that is still missing is the picture of the second page. As it turns out, Canva have many limitations on the sizing of pictures, so there is no possibly way that only one picture will proportionally take up the space that I allotted. Therefore, I am currently looking for three pictures to fill this space, preferably pictures where Tiffany is wearing the same outfit. Additionally, I have to fix the font size of the two-page spread though (therefore shirting every column of text 😡) so I will post the article when I post my final project.

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment