Friday, March 24, 2017

Behind Schedule, But Back On Track

So I'm a little behind schedule, but I'm just going to power through it at this point. I have good news though: I have started designing my cover:




**Note: This is a pretty rough outline, mostly to get myself back into the project, so I will probably change some things around.

I was able to create the red/pink mixture I had thought of before and I think it fits really well. I'm going to bring the two texts from the bottom to the sides, so it fits more with the genre conventions of a general interest Feminist magazine. Also, I'm changing the quote because I just put it there as a placeholder since I don't know if I'm doing and interview or an opinion piece yet. Additionally, I'm going to add more cover lines and add a date. I decided that L'Fém would be a monthly magazine because
    a. Most Feminist magazines are either monthly or seasonally
    b. I decided not to make my magazine seasonal because since it will be dealing with pop culture, by the time that each issue of my magazine is published, the topics/events that it contains will already have been discussed to death and past, making my magazine less influential and having less of an impact.


More good news: I have finally found my model. I decided not to go with any of the shots that I had sketched out before in a previous blog post because my idea for the article changed completely. Since I'm going to be writing about a different image of feminism (see selling line, The New Face of Feminism), I'm going to have my friend Tiffany (who is serving as my model) be in more candid-like pictures. I'm just going to have her move around, try out different poses...nothing too specific and I'll go from there.

I'm going to take the pictures on Friday and hopefully have them edited, as well as have the article done, by the weekend. Fingers crossed...

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment