Saturday, March 25, 2017

Table of Contents and More Decision-Making

I was designing my table of contents and this is what I have so far:


I used the same color for the background as the color from the logo on the front page, but for some reason, Canva is making the color seem much more pink on this page. Therefore, I'm considering inverting the colors because maybe it's too much red/pink? I'll think it through a little more...I was thinking of having the numbers on the right be titles for stories (which I have yet to come up with) and the center, between the numbers on the left and what are going to be the title on the right, I will possibly have a picture in the middle, with the text being shaped around it. I say possibly because I've been using Canva for my designing and, so far, I have yet to discover a feature that lets you cut around text. I may have to start figuring out Joomag and, if not, change my plan for the table of contents ☹

Below was an inspiration for my table of contents design. It is from an edition of Vogue magazine from a while back, but I feel that it is a valid source to draw inspiration from because although Vogue is mostly a women's fashion magazine, it sometimes writes its articles from a feminist standpoint.


Also, as of now I am leaning more towards an opinion piece (based on research) for my article, but I'm going to ask my teacher to make sure that's something that I'm allowed to do.

-Jenn

Felsenthal, Julia. "What About Women Reminds Us About Feminism." Vogue, 19 Nov. 2015, www.vogue.com/ 
     article/francoise-gilot-lisa-alther-about-women-feminism. 




No comments:

Post a Comment